Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, are the light green coloured seeds which are typically flat and oval in shape. They are the edible seeds of a pumpkin or other cultivators of squash. When marinated or roasted, these seeds tend to become quite a delicious snack to hit up your snack cravings. They may be small in appearance, but are packed full of nutrients.
True Elements Raw Pumpkin Seeds are AAA graded premium quality seeds, with no nutritional compromise in it. In just a 100g serving, seeds are dense in calories and an excellent source of protein, dietary fibre, and minerals like zinc, iron, magnesium. They are a chewy snack which doubles up as a phenomenal health food. They have a subtly sweet, nutty flavour with an added crunch to satiate your crispy snack cravings.
How to Eat (Snack as it is or improvise)
Mix in True Elements Pumpkin seeds with oats and your favourite dry fruits. Enjoy as a yummy snack.
Top your favourite cereals, salads or soups with Pumpkin Seeds to up their nutritional quotient.
Mix in or sprinkle your baking recipies with Pumpkin seeds for aaded crunch and loads of nutrients.
Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds
- Combine together the ingredients (Pumpkin Seeds, 2 tbsp Brown sugar, 2 tbsp Butter and 1/4 tsp Cumin powder) in a bowl and mix it well.
- Heat the oven to 175℃ and line the baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the pumpkin seed mixture on it.
- After 5 minutes stir the batch of seeds and spread them again and put it back into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or till the colour changes to golden. There will be a lovely toasty and caramelized aroma when the seeds are done.
- The seeds would be sticky and gooey when they are out of the oven but will turn crispy as they cool off.
- Sit back and enjoy!
Protein-power Energy Bites
- Add the cashews, almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios in the grinder and pulse them coarsely. The mixture has to be grainy and not powder-like.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan and add the nuts. Roast them on a low flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and grated coconut and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Throw in the chopped dates chunks and cardamom. The aroma of the roasted nuts and cardamom fills in. Turn off the flame and set the mixture aside.
- Add the grated jaggery and water in another vessel and melt the jaggery over the low flame. After a thick liquid of uniform texture is formed, filter it and remove solid jaggery pieces, if any.
- Add the jaggery syrup to the nuts mixture and mix well. Cook this mixture over the low flame and stir it continuously. Turn off the flame.
- Let the mixture cool slightly. Grease your palms with little ghee and make laddoos. The laddoos can be stored in an airtight jar.
Pumpkin & Watermelon Seed Podi
- To begin making the podi, first of all, keep a big plate ready.In a non- stick pan roast the udal dal and once it is filled with a nice aroma, switch off the gas and transfer to the plate spreading it on one side.
- Similarly, roast the chilies and transfer to a plate.next add the curry leaves and keep a close watch ensuring that they don’t turn brown . it should get crispy .
- Now heat the pan and switch off. add one seed at a time and transfer to the plate.
- Now add salt and hing to the roasted ingredients and let cool for half hour.
- Grind in the chutney jar to a coarse consistency. Your Podi is ready to serve.
- Pair it with Quinoa Idli, Lentil Idli, Ragi Idli or even Rawa idli.
About True Elements
A brand that is committed to improving the quality of your life, True Elements provides food that is packed with the goodness of nature and taste that will keep you wanting for more.
With a range of food items across categories like Breakfast Cereals, Grains & Raw Seeds, Roasted Snacks and other healthy items, each of our products is not only Natural but is also made of Whole Grains. While we stand strongly for Health, wherein our products have a clear functional benefit, we believe that Taste is the most important element when it comes to Snacks. We strive to bring the best range of snacks to you.