Last updated on June 12, 2016.
There may be some cases where both the buyers and sellers may face issues. At Timetocart, we have a dispute resolution process in order to resolve disputes between buyers and sellers.
Disputes are filed as a result of a disagreement between the buyer and the seller. Disputes arise out of an issue that is raised by either party not being completely satisfied with the resolution of their complaint/issue.
It is important that before a buyer/seller raises a dispute, they should attempt to solve the issue. Please note that whenever a buyer raises a dispute, the seller's payment for that order is put on hold immediately until the issue is resolved.
Whenever there is a disagreement, the buyer and seller can write to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to raise a dispute. Disputes can be raised at a particular transaction level.
Following are the indicative examples of potential disputes:
1. Wrong item received
2. Item Not as described
In case the seller rejects the return request of the buyer and buyer raises a dispute, then Timetocart will try to mediate and resolve the dispute between both the parties. If the dispute is resolved in favour of the buyer, a refund is provided once the product is returned to the seller. If the dispute is settled in favour of the seller, buyer is entitled to refund on return request.
In case of a dispute where the seller is unable to provide a refund or a replacement, Timetocart will actively work towards reaching a resolution.
The User protection scheme covers buyers who are unable to successfully resolve their dispute with the seller or are not satisfied the resolution provided by the seller.
The buyer can write to email@example.com if the issue with the seller is not resolved. Timetocart's buyer support will look into the case to check for possible fraud and if the buyer has been blacklisted/blocked from making purchases on the website. Only after verifying these facts, a dispute can be registered.
In due course of resolution, Timetocart's buyer support will facilitate a conference call including the seller and the buyer.When a dispute has been raised, Timetocart may provide both the parties access to each other’s user names, contact details including email addresses and other details pertaining to the dispute. Buyers and sellers are subject to final consent from Timetocart for settling the dispute.
• Only the buyers who have purchased the product on Timetocart are eligible for the User protection scheme.
• Buyers can file a dispute within 45 days from the date of delivery of the product
• Any damage or loss to the product after delivery will not be covered under this scheme and will completely be the buyer's responsibility. Buyers should refuse to accept delivery if the item is damaged.
• To be able to take advantage of the User protection scheme, buyers should first contact the seller and attempt to resolve the issue. If the buyer doesn't hear from the seller or is unable to resolve the issue with the seller even after contact, a dispute can be raised with Timetocart by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fraudulent charges and claims are not covered under User protection scheme
• If the buyer has already initiated chargeback through the credit card issuing bank, it will not be covered under User protection scheme, though in such cases a seller can file a claim through the Seller protection scheme.
• Blacklisted and blocked buyers are not covered by the User protection scheme.
• Buyers who have reached their maximum lifetime limit for claims are also not eligible. Buyers can make a maximum of 5 claims per year on Timetocart. If the claim was withdrawn, it is not counted. The coverage amount will be limited to Rs 50,000.
• Through the User protection scheme, Timetocart does not provide any guarantee/warranty to buyers for products sold on Timetocart against technical/manufacturing defects.
• Raising disputes against sellers does not automatically entitle the buyer to a refund or replacement for the product purchased. Timetocart shall verify the disputes so raised and may process only such claims that are valid and genuine.
• Timetocart shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect losses, expenses, costs of any nature whatsoever that may be incurred by any buyer/seller.
• Instances where products are bought by the buyer by mistake or where the buyer chooses to change his/her mind with regard to the product purchased by him, will not be entertained through this scheme.
• Timetocart reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a user who, files an invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Timetocart may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the user name (and its related names) of such user and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this scheme.
• Decisions made by Timetocart under the User protection scheme shall be final and binding on its users.
• Timetocart reserves the right to modify / discontinue User protection scheme without any prior notice period to its users.
• Through this scheme, Timetocart shall not entertain claims of Buyers who have incurred loss due to delayed shipment or delivery of the item by the Seller.
• Timetocart buyer support may seek additional information / clarification from buyer to facilitate resolution of the dispute. In the event buyer does not respond with information / clarification sought within 10 days of such request, the dispute shall be auto-closed in favour of the seller.
Whenever a chargeback (CB) comes from a payment gateway/bank, following situations may arise:
Timetocart does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services on the website, which are linked to affiliates and / or third party websites using website's APIs or otherwise. In addition, the website may provide links to the third party websites of our affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, Timetocart assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them. Timetocart do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). Timetocart does not endorse, in any way, any third party website(s) or content thereof.